We’ve fielded some concerns that there is so much going on in Downtown Providence tomorrow (Wednesday) evening, that parking for the Providence Geek Dinner is going to be tough.
It’s true, Downtown is going to be hopping, and this is a great thing! Wednesday is the night to be Downtown (weather report)! (Full Disclosure: I might be a little bit extra biased this month as my brother and I will be presenting our startup – Lockify).
For starters it’s St. Patrick’s Day and our host venue – AS220 – is strategically located between Finnegan’s Wake and Trinity Brewhouse – all 3 of which will be running extra outside bars/tents/etc. Then we the have thousands and thousands of visitors in town this week for the NCAA March Madness (thankfully most of them flew or took the train). And finally, PPAC is hosting 101 Dalmatians, the musical (no, I’m not making this up).
If you’re driving and you don’t want to 1.) pay to park in a garage or lot (probably $20+) or 2.) potentially spend a long time circling for a nearby space, here is our best advice:
1. Park at a slightly further and free/inexpensive location like:
– The Mall on the “City Side” (you can take the skybridges all the way from the Mall to the Dunk – it’s pretty cool)
– The Jewelry District Map
– Further west on Washington St. on the other side of I-95 Map
2. Carpool – Tweeting is a great way to find folks who might want to share a ride
3. Take the bus (RIPTA Google Maps Planner)
4. Bike (AS220 has a great rack!)
5. Walk (It’s suppose to be a beautiful evening!)
We look forward to seeing you!!!!?
Event Details and RSVP at Facebook