Photo by -ocean on Flickr. Some rights reserved.
Wednesday, February 18, 5:30 – 8pm
AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FREE (buy your own food and drink – it’s cheap)
RSVP at Facebook
Since its founding in 2009 by 3 recent Brown grads, NuLabel has come a long way. The East Providence-based startup develops labeling systems built upon their chemistry breakthroughs in “activatable adhesives.” NuLabel’s solutions offer many advantages over the alternatives — “cold glue” and pressure sensitive labeling — including lower cost, higher quality, and lower environmental impact.
To date, Nulabel has raised $14.5 million, secured 9 patents, and grown its team to 24, including 4 chemistry PhD’s. The company maintains 16,000 square feet of cutting edge lab and office space in East Providence, as well as a satellite lab in North Carolina.
This past fall, NuLabel completed its first production installation at Bell’s Brewery in Kalamazoo, MI — the country’s 7th largest craft brewery. And last month, Forbes picked NuLabel CEO Max Winograd for their “30 Under 30” list in manufacturing.
On Wednesday the 18th, Max and CTO/Co-Founder Ben Lux will tell the NuLabel story, explain how the company is run to ensure continuous invention, and give a sneak peek at where this ambitious startup is headed next.
Disclosure: I’m a partner at Betaspring, where we’re proud to include NuLabel among our alumni.
… and while you’re there, please like our Facebook page. If you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com, with your name and affiliation. As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 25 min presentation + q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great).
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.