The May Geek Dinner hits Wednesday the 21st, and will feature one of the Providence startup scene’s best kept secrets: Utilidata.
Having recently raised $20M from some world’s sharpest energy investors, Utilidata is ramping up its quest to drive electric energy efficiency through info tech.
Engineers working in Utilitdata’s Grid Research Lab.
Utilidata’s AdaptiVolt™ platform leverages Digital Signal Processing(DSP) to enable their customers — the world’s power companies — to collect and analyze real-time info from the grid. The result: smarter, energy-saving decisions.
At the May Geek Dinner, Utilidata CEO Scott DePasquale and CTO Sridhar Ramachandran will tell the Utilidata story, show how their impressive solution works, and give a sneak peek at where they are headed next.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.