For the February Geek Dinner, we’ve got a doozy lined up for you.
Teespring was born in 2012 of an effort by two Brown students to save a local dive bar — Fish Co, formerly of Fox Point.
The bar didn’t make it, but Teespring has exploded (in the good way).
Today Teespring is the leading crowdfunding platform for custom apparel, with fast growing offices in both Providence and San Francisco. And that looks to be just the beginning of the story. In December, Teespring raised $20 million from arguably the world’s hottest venture capital firm, Silicon Valley-based Andreessen Horowitz.
On Wednesday, CEO & Co-Founder Walker Williams, will tell the Teespring story, demo their amazing platform, and give a sense of where their juggernaut is headed next.
You don’t want to miss this!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.