What October Geek Dinner already?! Yup, because of some scheduling issues, you only had to wait 3 weeks this time. The best part though is that we have a killer presenter lined up:
After selling BantamLive – a Social CRM that he co-founded in NYC – to Constant Contact in 2011, Alex Turnbull had unfinished business in the customer service software industry.
So he founded a new company — Groove. This time though the startup would be based in his native RI — Newport to be exact. On his second time at bat, Alex and the Groove team have created a simple ticketing and knowledge base app aimed specifically at eCommerce and SaaS businesses. Along the way they also proven themselves to be expert “growth hackers”. Launched just a couple of weeks ago, their latest inbound marketing effort — “A SaaS Startup’s Journey to $100,000 a Month” — will publicly document their goal of going from 28K to100K in monthly revenue over the next year. It already has hit 10,000 views.
At the October Geek Dinner this coming Wednesday, Groove’s CEO, Alex and Head of Customer Success, Adam Pennacchio will tell their startup’s fascinating story, introduce you to the Groove platform, and give you a peek at where they’re headed next.
You don’t want to miss this!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.