Happy Summer, All! We’ve got a killer June Geek Dinner lined up for you.
It’s well-known that Boulder Colorado-headquartered SendGrid is one of the most successful tech startups of the past decade. The email delivery service helps clients send over 7 billion emails per month.
So far though, few folks realize that SendGrid’s new R&D arm — SendGrid Labs — is based in Providence. Last year, when SendGrid recruited Native RI’er & technology veteran Mike Rowan to build and lead Labs, they told him could locate the team wherever he wanted. To the local tech scene’s delight, Mike choose our fair city.
At the June Geek Dinner, Mike is going to tell the SendGrid Labs story, demo one of its projects, and explain why he thinks Providence has only begun to tap its potential as a technology center.
See you there — you won’t want to miss this!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.