[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/AYORvyIA?p=1 width=”400″ height=”337″]
At the April 2013 Providence Geeks, we were joined by Elie Schoppik (CEO) and Andrew Sohn (CTO) of Knowyo, fresh off their win for Best Presentation at the LAUNCH Conference in San Francisco. We caught up with them after their talk to get a summary of what they are building. [Video link]
Photo by Dave Pacheco on Flickr (some rights reserved).
Wednesday, April 17th, 5:30 – 8pm
AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FREE (buy your own food and drink – it’s cheap)
RSVP at Facebook
Spring is here! Come celebrate its arrival this Wednesday at the April Providence Geeks Dinner!
The evening will feature Providence-based startup Knowyo, fresh off their win (“Best Presentation”) at last month’s LAUNCH Conference in San Francisco.
Knowyo will help you to never forget a name again. Their web and mobile-based adaptive learning platform integrates with LinkedIn (and soon corporate social networks like Yammer) to enable you to quickly and enjoyably learn the names and faces of the people you need to know.
At this Wednesday’s Geek Dinner, Co-Founders CEO Elie Schoppik and CTO Andrew Sohn will tell their startup’s story, demo Knowyo, and give a sneak peek of what’s coming next.
DISCLOSURE: I’m a Partner in the Betaspring accelerator, where we’re proud to call Knowyo an alumnus.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please like our Facebook page. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.