Welcome back everybody! After taking August off, it’s time to get our Geek Dinner on again.
In a small office on North Main Street in Providence, a young team of six developers and designers works long hours in their quest to shake up fantasy sports world.
Founded in 2011, Fanium has already launched a Yahoo! Fantasy Football companion for iPhone and Android. With over 1,500 NFL expert Twitter accounts aggregated, the app filters out unnecessary information, and only displays news that they need to know regarding their fantasy teams in real time.
Fanium’s Fantasy Football app serves as a perfect complementary “second screen” to a given NFL game, while always monitoring your fantasy football team.
At Wednesday’s Geek Dinner, 22-year old Brown senior and CEO Grant Gurtin will tell the Fanium story, demo their impressive app, and give a sneak peek into where this promising startup is headed.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.