Photo by Jef Nickerson.
Happy Spring everyone! We’re going to celebrate this glorious season with a rebirth of sorts.
Over the past year, Providence-based BatchBlue has completely redesigned and rebuilt its venerable Batchbook “social CRM” web & mobile applications from the ground up. This is a _major_ undertaking, made even harder by having to seamlessly transition the thousands of paying Batchbook users over to the new system.
At the April Geek Dinner this coming Wednesday, CEO Pamela O’Hara will give a sneak peek at their new baby, and discuss the opportunities and challenges such a huge “rewrite” entails.
Bonus: Batchblue is one of founding members and a driving force behind the phenomenally popular Small Business Web – a network of Internet software companies that serve small businesses (members include everyone from Freshbooks to Google). Pamela will give an update on recent exciting developments within the SBW.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.