Photo by Stephen Downes on Flickr.
Did you know that Portsmouth, Rhode Island is arguably the barcode capital of the world?
Yup. Thanks to A2B Tracking Solutions – the leading provider of turn-key solutions for bar code tracking.
Since it was founded in 1994, A2B has led the bar code industry movement into mobile computing, developing a state-of-the-art mobile tracking system for United Parcel Service (UPS). Principals of A2B include founders of the bar code industry, who have lead innovations in applications for 50 years. To date, A2B has completed more than 3,000 tracking installations around the world. This Wednesday, A2B CEO Peter Collins will tell the story of how their industry-defining company has gotten to where it is, and where it’s headed next.
P.S. My apologies for the late notice on this month’s Geek Dinner. I have a bunch of excuses, but they are boring. Going forward, we’ll be making a concerted effort to get the announcements out earlier!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.