This month, Providence Geeks is doing something a little different, and totally awesome.
We’re hosting the October Geek Dinner at the all-new AS220 Labs in the beautiful Mercantile Building.
Better still, in place of our usual presentation, we’ll be surrounded all evening by a group of select “Makers”, fresh off the Rhode Island Mini Maker Faire. They’ll be giving live, hands-on demonstrations of everything from 3d-printing to robotics building.And finally, food and drink will be available next door at the latest addition to the Downcity food scene – Mexico!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.