Photo Credit: Bret Ancowitz
Last Geek Dinner of the Summer (since we take August off)! Can you believe it? Me neither. So let’s make it count:
MoveableCode is building a 21st century toy company. The Bristol-based startup creates and sells play and entertainment products built on Social Shareability, Location, and Mobile technology – an approach and technique they call SoLoMo Play. At the July Geek Dinner, CEO Nick Napp and Chief Play Officer Kevin Mowrer will tell the MoveableCode story – where they’ve been and where they’re headed (yes, there’s a “pivot” in there!). Nick and Kevin have an silly amount of industry experience and expertise, having served as a Sony-Ericsson opportunity scout and Hasbro SVP for R&D, respectively.
See you there! You won’t want to miss this!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.