Photo Credit: Bret Ancowitz, M.D
It doesn’t get cooler than the intersection of Info-Tech and Clean-Tech.
Providence-based Alektrona is dedicated to shaking up the smart grid industry. Who better than five former APC electrical and computer engineers to tackle the hairy problem of integrating a home’s energy-consuming appliances in the interest of convenience, comfort and – most importantly – energy savings. (Yes, you’ll be able to adjust your RI thermostat from a Caribbean beach using your smartphone.)
At the May Geek Dinner, CEO Christopher Leidigh and team will give an overview of the evolving smart grid, tell the inspiring story of Alektrona, and demo their innovative Cloud Based Energy Management Platform and Z-Aperture Energy Hub.
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.