We’ve been trying to get Andera CEO Charlie Kroll to present at a Geek Dinner for almost four years now. Therefore, we count the April Geek Dinner as a personal victory – please come celebrate with us. 🙂
In 2000 Charlie Kroll founded Andera in his dorm room at Brown. In 2001, they pioneered online account opening and funding technology with the industry’s first real-time account opening transaction. Today, with over 500 financial institutions as customers, Andera is the nation’s #1 provider.
From its Westminster Street headquarters, Team Andera is over 60 strong. And on the heels of raising $10.5 million in fresh venture capital, Charlie has recently announced plans to aggressively grow the team upwards of 100, and to expand into some exciting new directions.
At Wednesday’s Geek Dinner, Charlie and his engineering team will give an overview of the company, a demo of its technology platform, and a rare sneak peek into where they are headed.
See you there!
Please RSVP at Facebook – and while you’re there please join our Facebook group. And if you want to join our very-low-volume email announcement send an email to Jack Templin, email@example.com with your name and affiliation.
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- The event itself is FREE! Beverages and food are for sale at AS220’s excellent bar and restaurant.
- Doors open at 5:30pm. Socializing, eating and drinking up until the 30 min presentation/q&a around 6:30pm. Afterwards, back to socializing, eating, drinking…
- It’s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and take off whenever! And don’t worry about eating or not – come famished or full – eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities (that’s not say the food isn’t good – it’s actually great)
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, innovative business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, web services, etc. etc. etc.
- There is Wi-Fi so bring your connected device of choice.