Wednesday, September 13, 2006, 5:30pm â€“ 9pm+
115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
We’re back and can’t wait to see you! After an August hiatus, the monthly Geek Dinners return with a bang.
Local start-up, Axon Labs, will be giving us a rare sneak peak at their next generation alarm clock technology. You don’t want to miss this. (Stay tuned for details in a follow-on post. Update: follow-on post here.)
Please RSVP using the comments on this blog entry so we can give the good folks at AS220 an estimated headcount. And while youâ€™re at it, subscribe to our feeds and/or join the mailing list (for the mailing list, send an email to Jack Templin at jtemplin at Gmail with your name and affiliation).
As always, for first-timers here are the details on the Geek Dinners:
- Itâ€™s totally casual. Wear whatever, bring whoever, arrive and vamoose wheneverâ€¦ And donâ€™t worry about eating or not â€“ come famished or full â€“ eating is optional, and frankly, the least of the festivities.
- Topics of conversation will vary as they will at any gathering of geeks, but many of us will be talking about AJAX, mash-ups, start-ups, new devices, business models, interaction design, social computing, digital art, and web services.
- Food and beverages are for sale at the adjoining Taqueria Pacifica and bar.
- There is WiFi so bring your connected device of choice.
- We have AS220â€™s performance space from 5:30pm to approximately 7pm. After that the geekery moves to AS220â€™s adjoining cafe.